Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Even the Desert Floods

My morning started off stiff and a little slower than I had intended... I had some pain in my shoulder, but I knew I needed to keep on keeping or else the work we needed to get done would never happen. I worked up the umph to get out of bed and shower. During my shower I noticed that there was little to no water leaving the tub after it came from the shower head. That was odd to me, because our tub usually has a really fast drain. I didn't think much past it, other than that I would ask Myles to send a work order to the family housing office so they could fix it.
Putting my food back into its spot
I tried to call my mom about my shoulder, but she didn't answer, so I made my way down stairs only to find water all over the floor. I looked for the cup that it came from, but I found nothing. I did notice the slightest sound of dripping water. Upon my investigation I found that there was water trickling down the walls of my kitchen! AH! I grabbed all the towels I could find and tried to catch the drips. Then I grabbed all the food out of the cupboards that might get wet and ruined. My mom called me back and my question about my shoulder was completely forgotten. I told her about my flood and that I was doing my best to stop things, but that I didn't know what to do. She had her head on straight, and told me to call the land lord. Oh... DUH!
You want this on your wall, don't you?
I called them and they said they would send someone asap. The back door was open, and my neighbor heard me talking. She told me that she had the same issue! The maintenance guy showed up a few minutes later. When he was told there were two apartments involved he said it was out of his hands, and that he would send the plumber that they use as a contractor. 
All the food on my table.
Myles and I had things to do, and a flush-able toilet was severely needed. We left and hopped they would fix the problem before we came back. I was blessed to be able to get into the Chiropractor. He adjusted my Collar bone. Apparently that was making my shoulder pinch weird. I am so glad he always goes for the problem, rather than fixing the immediate symptom. After spending most of the day at Ann's house, we returned home, hoping to find a fixed main line. As we pulled up, our neighbor happened to be on the way out and she said they had fixed it. Our main line was plugged and everything that came from mine,  and my neighbors plumbing went down my wall! SO GROSS! My Toilet is upstairs! :/


My day was blessed, even though it started off crazy! It even rained!

No comments:

Post a Comment